To a significant extent, this is due to our Bulgaria Team. Their most important achievements in 2015, in partnership with state authorities and partner organisations:
- Eight baby homes in the pilot institutions closed for good - children now live in family-like care.
- Razgrad and Vetren institutions closed for good - all children now in family-like care.
- A model of de-institutionalisation implemented, through the District DI Coordination Mechanisms.
- There are child and family focused priorities in the new Action Plan for the Implementation of the National Strategy Vision for DI in Bulgaria.
- Our prevention of child separation from their families and reintegration programmes are stable and sustainable, with thousands of children and families benefiting hugely from this.